Join us and celebrate Global Recycling Day 2020

Global Recycling Day.

Today we bring to light the importance of recycling in all aspects of our lives.

With finite natural resources on our planet being harvested for our use, these are sure to run out at some point, so we must do our part to stave this issue and recycle wherever possible.

In current standing, only 20% of waste is recycled, leaving a huge 80% doing damage to the world around us.

When we don’t recycle, our planet suffers. Landfills piled high with rubbish and incinerators burning our unwanted items adds to the mounting problems that can be avoided if we just recycled.

With landfills being the single largest man-made source of methane gas, this has massive detrimental effects on our planet.

Methane gas is 23 times more effective at trapping heat in the atmosphere than the most prevalent greenhouse gases. When you add to landfills, you add to the methane pile up and effectively add to global warming.

Check out this video from NASA showing just how much global warming has increased over the last 140 years.

 

Clearly, we can see that global warming is a serious issue, one that we can work together in solving.

We must ensure that we educate ourselves on the effects we are having on our environment and learn what we can do to make a change before it’s too late.

Here’s where Meelie Mobile gets rolled into the mix.

At Meelie Mobile recycling is at the heart of everything we do. We recycle and we encourage you to recycle too.

We look to tackle the ever growing E-waste problem and do our part to recycle Samsung and Apple devices in a number of ways, ensuring these do not add to our ever growing landfills and ultimately exponentiate the problems we are facing.

Did you know that you can trade in your old Samsung and Apple devices here? even if they are broken. Using our services means that you can get cash for your unwanted devices and save the planet all at the same time.

Once we receive your old devices, no matter what the condition, we firstly always look at refurbishing the device. Here at Meelie Mobile we are strong believers in reusing and implement this through our refurbishing programme. Once these devices are up to scratch, they are sold as renew or outlet devices, giving people the chance to buy a great phone, at a great price.

However, this isn’t always possible. If your device is to far gone, we break it down into it’s individual components and recycle the parts in the most environmentally friendly way possible. We do the recycling for you, so that you don’t have to.

Giving back to you and the environment.

Our Planet First Banner

As a way of saying thank you for using our service and allowing us to continue to reuse and recycle, Meelie have implemented the Our Planet First campaign that aims to promote recycling whilst giving back to you, our customer as well as our planet.

Throughout this campaign we are doing our part to spread the importance of looking after our planet and recycling wherever possible.

The campaign brings with it statistics and information highlighting the issues our planet faces when it comes to E-waste, helping you all to understand the significance of your actions.

As a thank you to you for supporting us and our campaign we will give you £5 off any order placed online at over £150 value when you use code OurPlanetFirst.

We also see the importance of environmental projects that are implemented by various groups across the globe. So, when you use the code at checkout*, we will also donate £5 to our chosen planet friendly charity to help them continue with these projects.

Choosing Our Planet First gives to you and charity, without you having to lift a finger – well, you’ll need to type OurPlanetFirst !

Remember to keep recycling!

We love Global Recycling day, it is important to remember that the actions we take today, will make for a better tomorrow.

So ask yourselves these 7 questions and ensure you take the nescearry steps to put Our Planet First.

If you want to find out more about Global Recycling day and how you can help, visit the organisations main site, here.

*Over £150